The UI/UX designer will lead the
charge to develop the user interface for the DVC Labs mobile web
experience. He/she will work closely with engineering, product development
and marketing to rapidly investigate and analyze requirements, analyze
and diagram user profiles and workflows, develop UI paradigm -- and
offer highly usable interface solutions. The candidate will be decidedly
versatile, creative, have a passion for user-centric design and a
strong communicator. Excellent collaboration skills are a must.
The designer will work directly with the internal development and
marketing teams and with external consultants to develop the
user interfaces for our mobile and web solutions. The designer
will be wholly or partially responsible for:
1. Personas, profiling and user experience workflows
2. UI specifications
3. Web portal and mobile product design, look, feel and aesthetics
4. White board brainstorming and rapid prototyping
5. Collaborative feature investigations
6. Manage the relationship with the internal and external creative
and development teams on the design of the product and web site,
develop the style guidelines and the technical implementation
Applications should be able to demonstrate their skills and experience
through wireframes, workflow diagrams, personas and use case diagramming.
The ideal candidate must have:
1. Comprehension of user experience, interface design and software
2. Proven and demonstrable experience developing compelling user
experiences on the mobile phones and the web
3. Ability to rapidly analyze and comprehend user requirements
4. Ability to use good judgment in developing best of breed solutions
with the right blend of standards and appropriateness
At least 3-5 years of experience as an Information Architect,
UI designer or User Experience engineer or Architect. Experience
using usability testing applications (e.g, Morae) is desirable.
BS/MS in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology (or equivalent).
Information architecture or related skills and experience.
Strong HTML, Flash development skills